- Heat 2 quarts milk.
- Beat 8 eggs until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually add 3 tablespoons flour and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- Add to heated milk and bring to boil.
- After you add the eggs to the hot milk, turn the heat way down low and bring it to a boil very slowly. If the heat is too high, the mixture will stick to the bottom of the pan and burn. It really likes to do that. Also, stir regularly while it's cooking.
- Cool thoroughly and add 2 tablespoons vanilla and one can Eagle Brand condensed milk.
- Fill freezer with milk leaving extra room at the top of freezer for expansion.
Cooling takes a long time....but...you could cook the egg/milk mixture the night before and refrigerate it...or you can get it ready for the freezer and then refrigerate. The cooler it is when it goes into the freezer, obviously, the faster it freezes.