Thursday, September 16, 2010
Caramel Popcorn Balls
1/2 C. butter
3 C. brown sugar
1 C. light corn syrup
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
4-6 quarts (16-24 C.) popped corn (unpopped kernels removed)
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil.
2. Pour in condensed milk. Return to a boil. Boil five minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
4. Pour hot caramel over popcorn and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula.
5. Grease hands and form popcorn mixture into balls.
6. Can decorate with melted chocolate, sprinkles, etc. Insert a stick for presentation.
7. Let balls cool on greased cookie sheets or waxed paper.
8. Can individually wrap in plastic (like for a bake sale).