1 ham bone, with at least 1 cup of meat remaining on bone
Water, to cover
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups corn
1 diced onion
1 -2 clove garlic, minced
2-3 potatoes, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Creole seasoning, to taste
1. Put ham bone in pot and cover with water. Boil water, turn on medium heat for about 30 minutes. Add potatoes so that they can soften.
2. Remove bone and let broth continue to simmer.
3. Chop off the meat from bone. Dice the meat to small pieces and put back in the broth.
4. Combine milk and flour together and then add to broth.
5. Add the following to the broth: butter, potatoes, corn, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and creole seasoning.
6. Simmer and serve. Garnish with sprig of cilantro.