Sunday, November 7, 2010
1 tsp salt
2 c. sugar
4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 pound pecans
1. Preheat oven to 270 degrees. Beat egg whites lightly with salt.
2. Sift together sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice. Mix well.
3. Add pecans to egg whites and coat completely.
4. Transfer pecans from which excess egg whites have dripped off to connamon sugar mixture.
5. Coat pecans completely and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 60 minutes until sugar coating on nuts is crisp.
7. Cool and serve or store in an airtight container. Makes great gifts too!