1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 heaping cup Cherries, pitted, coarsely chopped
6 tablespoons Butter, softened
2/3 cup Sugar or 1/2 cup Honey
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2/3 cup Milk
1/2 cup Sour Cream (regular or light)
1/2 cup Coconut Flakes, plus more for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease or paper line a 12 muffin cup or 24 mini muffin cup pan.
2. In a small bow combine flour, baking powder and salt. Toss 1 tablespoon of flour with the cherries and set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat 3 minutes.
4. Alternately mix in by hand the flour mixture and the milk. Fold in sour cream, cherries and coconut flakes.
5. Spoon into muffin caps just short of the top. Sprinkle coconut over tops if desired. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. About 12 minutes for mini's.
6. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and remove to wire racks.